WARREN COUNTY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Warren County Sheriff’s Office arrested Douglas Augusta, 60, of Warrensburg after the Warren County Sex Offender Management Unit was reportedly investigating an incident involving Augusta, a level 3 registered sex offender who allegedly failed to abide by the state requirements.
As a result Augusta was charged with:
- (1) Felony count of failure to verify address every 90 Days as part of his requirements.
Augusta is a level 3 sex offender which is said to be the result of a forcible touching conviction in 2013 in Hamilton County, N.Y., according to police.
Augusta was arrested and released to return to the Queensbury Town Court on a later date.
More from NEWS10:
- La Salle saves season with dramatic comeback win over Amsterdam
- Niskayuna blanks Saratoga to advance to Class AA semi-finals
- Siena women hold media day as they prep for November 6 exhibition
- Averill Park rolls Albany to set up three way tie in Class A
- Burnt Hills cruises past Niskayuna, locks up Grasso Division