ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Working with the government and community partners, the American Red Cross of Eastern New York has confirmed several available shelter locations in the Capital District. Volunteers and equipment are ready to mobilize to operate shelters and provide comfort and care should the need arise.
In addition, volunteers remain ready to assist other individuals and families affected by non-flood related disasters, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Residents must download the free Red Cross Emergency app to find open shelter locations in your area.
More from NEWS10
- Albany gas price update, September 27
- ‘Moulin Rouge! The Musical’ sashays home with 10 Tony Awards as Broadway honors shows shuttered by COVID
- 09/27/2021: A few showers, more clouds Monday
- Quitting smoking leads to people eating more junk food, Study Finds
- Gabby Petito’s father at memorial service on Long Island: ‘Most amazing person I’ve ever met’