TICONDEROGA, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Police have arrested Faber Kelly, 41, of Port Henry, after they say he attempted to ram police cars during a chase. On Thursday, September 16, around 11:10 a.m., State Police attempted to make a traffic stop on State Route 22 in Ticonderoga.
They say Kelly refused to stop for police, leading to a chase. The pursuit traveled 17 miles with top speeds of 98 mph, which ended in the town of Schroon, according to police.
The vehicle failed to stop which continued westbound onto State Route 74, officers said Kelly struck a state police patrol car in an attempt to force patrol cars off the road.
- Third-Degree Unlawfully Fleeing a Police Officer in a Motor Vehicle
- First-Degree Reckless Endangerment
- Second-Degree Criminal Mischief
Kelly was arraigned in the Moriah Town Court and released pending a future court appearance.
More from NEWS10:
- Blue Devils believe in miracles with late game winner over Shaker
- Shenendehowa uses second half goal to break through against Bethlehem
- Will Brown announced as new head coach and general manager of Albany Patroons
- Thunder use electric powerplay to down Railers, 6-2
- Firefighters learn school bus rescue strategies