VERMONT (NEWS10) –Current Vermont law allows for the possession of small amounts of marijuana for recreational use, but it does not include a way to tax and sell marijuana.
A preliminary house vote on the Tax-and-Regulate legislation took place Wednesday night. The bill establishes a license for current medical dispensaries to start selling marijuana by 2022.
Amendments to the proposal will be made Thursday ahead of a full House and Senate vote.
- State landmarks lit up purple for domestic violence awareness
- WATCH LIVE: Governor Baker to discuss economic recovery from COVID-19
- Third-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin dismissed in George Floyd death
- Big Game Bound Week 7: Battle of the unbeatens
- Aviation Mall cancels annual trick-or-treat event this Halloween