EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y. (NEWS10) – East Greenbush Police say they arrested Latoya Fordham who allegedly tried to steal from Walmart and when confronted she spit in a security officer’s face and claimed she had coronavirus.
Officers say the security officer had to lock himself in an office while Fordham kicked the door and tried to get into the office.
When police arrived they say they took Fordham into custody and found stolen property on her. She was also found to have multiple warrants of for her arrest.
She has been charged with making a terroristic threat, falsely reporting an incident, burglary, petit larceny, and harassment.
- Rensselaer County coronavirus update March 5
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead
- Only 1 child died of flu this season – down from nearly 200
- Statewide COVID-19 positivity rate just over 3%
- Record-high 183K vaccines doses distributed in NYS on Thursday