WILTON, N.Y. (NEWS10) — New York State Police have recovered a vehicle reported stolen from Albany after an accident on I-87 in Wilton. Police said they arrested the driver, Evan Febres, 28, of Stillwater after he fled from the scene.
State police responded to a one car roll-over accident on October 7 around 2:30 a.m. on northbound I-87 in the area of exit 16. Police said the driver fled on foot and was taken into custody a short distance from the scene.
Police said the vehicle, a 2018 Porsche Panamera, was found to be stolen from Albany. Febres has been charged with criminal possession of stolen property in the second degree (class C felony) and driving while intoxicated (misdemeanor).
Febres was transported to the SP Wilton for processing.
More from NEWS10:
- La Salle saves season with dramatic comeback win over Amsterdam
- Niskayuna blanks Saratoga to advance to Class AA semi-finals
- Siena women hold media day as they prep for November 6 exhibition
- Averill Park rolls Albany to set up three way tie in Class A
- Burnt Hills cruises past Niskayuna, locks up Grasso Division