PITTSFIELD, Mass. (NEWS10) — One man has been hospitalized and another placed under arrest after a knife fight Wednesday morning in Pittsfield, police say.
Police responded to the area of Brown Street and Franco Terrace for a reported knife fight and found two men who appeared to have been involved. One of the men was taken to Berkshire Medical Center with multiple stab wounds. He is expected to survive.
The other man, William Muffati, 56, of Pittsfield, was arrested after police searched the scene and found a knife. Muffati was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Anyone who may have seen the fight of have any other information should call the Pittsfield Police Department at 413-448-9705.
- Albany man arraigned on several violent charges including attempted murder and kidnapping
- Senate Dems concerned about future of Affordable Care Act
- More than one million dollars paid by NY restaurants, bars for COVID-19 violations
- Schenectady announces 2021 proposed budget, predicts $12m COVID-19 related shortfall
- Shen field hockey returning plenty of firepower for 2020 season