GREENVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The New York State Police have charged a Mechanicville man for illegal fireworks after a traffic stop. Troopers say, Matthew Zullo, 51, was doing 86 in a 55 and was pulled over for speeding.
State Police say when they approached the car they noticed a large number of illegal fireworks in Zullo’s backseat, in plain view of Troopers.
He was charged with Unlawful Sale of Fireworks, a misdemeanor. He was issued an appearance ticket and is due back in court on July 23.
This comes as many communities have been dealing with an onslaught of illegal fireworks complaints. Albany and Troy officials have called for an end to their use after numerous complaints. Gov. Andrew Cuomo has even referenced the problem across the state in his regular statewide updates.
- UAlbany opens season with thrilling win over New Hampshire
- Siena lets one slip away in regular season finale
- CBA outduels La Salle in shootout at Frear Park
- NCAA approves Siena women’s basketball waiver for postseason eligibility
- Professional lacrosse team name contest narrowed down to three options