MAYFIELD, N.Y. (NEWS10) – New York State Police are investigating after thousands of dollars worth of hemp plants were stolen from a farm near Mayfield. The plants, which are worth an estimated $11,000 to $17,000, went missing on September 18.
Officers believe the suspects were stealing marijuana plants, which are related to hemp, to process and then sell as the drug.
Anyone with information regarding this incident or the sale of “fake” marijuana, most likely in the Mayfield, Gloversville, Amsterdam area, is asked to contact (518) 630-1700.
- COVID-19 antibody treatments: What are they?
- Americade reschedules 2021 motorcycle rally for Sept. 21-25
- DPH: 28 western Massachusetts communities at high-risk for COVID-19
- Third stimulus check: GOP lawmaker wants $1,400 payment reserved for people who get COVID-19 vaccine
- Massachusetts seeing downward trend in new COVID cases