SARATOGA COUNTY N.Y. (WTEN) – Police have taken two suspects into custody following a high speed chase in Saratoga County.
The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Department said Scotia Police were involved in a pursuit, which was then picked up by the Glenville Police Department.
Police say they attempted to stop a White Dodge Durango in Scotia around 6 p.m. Saturday night when the driver failed to comply and fled after the car was found to be stolen out of Albany.
Police then chased the suspects to Ballston Spa, where they abandoned the car and fled into the woods. While in pursuit, officers were reportedly given information that the car was potentially linked to an incident in Schenectady.
Earlier, officers were on the scene, searching for the suspects.
Police say they now have two suspects in custody, but due to their ages, their names are not being released.
The Ballston Spa Police Department had asked people to avoid area of Prospect Street and Bath Street near the Trail, and to call 911 if they saw anyone not in uniform in their yard.
We will have more information on this story as it becomes available.
- Schenectady hosts first drive-in naturalization ceremony in New York
- Friday marks final day for 200+ employees in the Albany CSD
- Motorcycle accident causes slow traffic on Western Ave near Gade Farm in Guilderland
- Environmental conservation officer rescues injured egret
- Uptown Albany residents voice concerns