(NEWS10) – New York State Police have charged Anthony Curl Jr., 46, of Delancy after they say they stopped a cargo van full of illegal fireworks. Troopers say the fireworks were worth $5,000.
State Police pulled over the cargo van for vehicle and traffic infractions. While speaking with the driver of the van another vehicle arrived and Curl went up to officers and said the fireworks were his and he loaded them into the van.
Troopers received a tip from the NYPD that a cargo van was being loaded with fireworks at Phantom Fireworks in Matamoras, PA. Matamoras sits right where New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania meet.
Curl was charged with Unlawful Sale of Fireworks, a misdemeanor.
- Malls to reopen on Friday
- Athletics sweep Mohawks to remain undefeated
- No change to CAA, UAlbany football schedule yet
- Dave Rider steps down as Albany Academy baseball coach
- Community donates equipment to local vandalized little league