SCHODACK, N.Y. (NEWS10) — State police in Schodack say they arrested Grace M. Coons, 41, of Sand Lake on May 20 for reportedly stealing checks from the mailbox of a Berlin resident, endorsing them, and depositing them in her personal account.
At first, the victim reported that someone stole a $100 check from her mailbox. After a state police investigation, they say Coons stole 54 checks.
Police say the theft and financial fraud took place over the course of a month, totaling more than $2,000.
On May 20, 2020, State Police in Schodack arrested 41-year-old Grace M. Coons of Sand Lake for 54 counts of Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument (D felony) and 54 counts of Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 5th degree (A misdemeanor).
Coons was arrested and charged with 54 counts of criminal possession of a forged instrument and 54 counts of fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. Adding together each felony and misdemeanor, these 108 charges are worth over 432 years in prison.
- 07/07/2020: The muggies are back
- QB Patrick Mahomes shares hype video after Chiefs confirm 10-year contract extension
- All Florida school districts must reopen campuses next month, Dept. of Education says
- Coronavirus can float in the air, and the WHO should clearly tell people that, experts say
- Colin Kaepernick signs multi-project deal with Disney