SMITHVILLE, N.Y. (WWTI) — Authorities are searching for a young girl in the Southern Tier. Early on Monday morning, the Chenango County Sheriff’s Office issued a statewide missing child alert.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, 13-year-old Charlotte Heier is missing from her home after last being seen in the town of Smithville on North Tyner Road. Police said that the teen is believed to be suicidal and may be in need of medical attention.
She is described to have a blue mohawk-style haircut and was wearing a brown Hershey Park hooded sweatshirt and NASA pajama pants. She stands at 5-feet, 1-inch tall, and has green eyes.
Charlotte was last seen at 10:35 p.m. on Sunday, September 27. She is believed to be on foot in the local area. Those with details on the whereabouts of Charlotte are asked to contact the Chenango County Sheriff’s Office at (607) 334-2000 or call 911.
More from NEWS10:
- Newburgh man arrested on child sex abuse charges
- NYC mayoral candidates spar over crime and COVID in 1st debate
- Hochul signs legislation ensuring retirement plan for private sector employees
- Halloween spending rising after pandemic paused holiday
- Heidi Owen West: Candidate for Saratoga Springs mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10