Ep. 28 PFOA Settlement – On The Story with Trishna Begam
Episode 28: PFOA Settlement
(NEWS10) — In 2015 the residents of Hoosick Falls discovered their drinking water was contaminated by a nearby manufacturing facility with a toxic chemical known as PFOA.
This month, residents received news that a settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit with the manufacturing companies about the effects of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) contamination in and around Hoosick Falls. This week, Mayor of Hoosick Falls, Rob Allen discusses what the settlement means for the community and what the village is in the process of doing to secure a new source for their drinking water.
More from NEWS10:
- Scorpions found in package delivered to Joywave drummer in Rochester
- Scam Alert: NYS warns of callers pretending to be from utility companies
- National Day of the Deployed: Recognizing those who serve
- Protest against vaccine mandate for city workers storms Brooklyn Bridge
- Massachusetts COVID-19 Weekend Report: 20 new deaths, 3,173 new cases