PITTSFIELD, Mass. (NEWS10)- Lake Onota will be closed Monday, June 8 so that it can be chemically treated with aquatic herbicides to control invasive Eurasian watermilfoil and other nuisance aquatic vegetation. No swimming, fishing or boating will be allowed until Tuesday, June 9.
Use of the lake water for irrigation is not allowed for five days after treatment. Warning posters will be posted around the lake prior to the treatment.
Residents can call 413-499-3344 for more information.
- UAlbany opens season with thrilling win over New Hampshire
- Siena lets one slip away in regular season finale
- CBA outduels La Salle in shootout at Frear Park
- NCAA approves Siena women’s basketball waiver for postseason eligibility
- Professional lacrosse team name contest narrowed down to three options