PITTSFIELD, Mass. (NEWS10) — The Pittsfield Police Department is investigating two shooting incidents from Sunday night and early Monday morning.
At around 8:47 p.m. on Sunday, officers arrived on the scene near the intersection of Frances Avenue and Bradford Street after the gunshot detection software, ShotSpotter, was activated. Police say they discovered that a residence in the area was struck by gunfire.
About four hours later, at 12:49 a.m. Monday, ShotSpotter activated again, this time at the intersection of Second and Lincoln Streets. When responding officers arrived, they say they found an empty vehicle that had been shot, with shell casings nearby.
No injuries were reported at either location, and both incidents remain under investigations.
If you or someone you know has any information about either incident, contact Pittsfield detectives at (413) 448-9705, or leave an anonymous tip by calling 413-448-9706 or texting PITTIP and your message to TIP411.
- New York releases 28-page document on reopening schools
- Newsfeed Now: Washington Redskins name-change; Naval ship fire still burns
- Pownal man turns himself in months after shooting out a parked car’s rear window
- Albany Police investigate early morning Philip Street shooting
- Texas man thought coronavirus was a hoax, dies after ‘COVID party,’ doctor says