WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — The sky put on a show this morning in the North Country.
Specifically, in Jefferson County, many residents woke up for work, school, or for their morning coffee to see a vibrant display of pinks, oranges, yellows and blues as the sun rose on the second day of autumn.
But as the sun rose in the east, nature was demonstrating more of its abilities. Stretching from the shores of Lake Ontario to inner Watertown, for about 20 minutes, many residents saw a brilliant double rainbow. See photos below.
Combine with the striking sunrise, this morning’s show may be a prediction of the weather to come on Thursday. Meteorologists are forecasting potential showers and thunderstorms as a weather system moves up the state.
You know what they say…. “red sky in the morning, sailor’s warning.”
- Child tax credit: Why some might get a smaller payment in October, November, December
- Jan. 6 panel votes to hold Steve Bannon in contempt
- NYS ethics commission votes against revoking Cuomo’s book deal
- Local organizations supporting people with disabilities ask for help with staffing shortages
- Richard Mooney: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10