ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Albany Water Department has found a 170+ year old water pipe at Albany City Hall. The department said this pipe was probably in the ground when the city took over the water system in 1851.
The pipe is made of cast iron. The department said cast iron pipes in the city go back to at least 1806. That is the date that was published on an advertisement for the pipes.
- With Cowboys in town, Patriots seek to earn 1st home win of season
- Voorheesville cruises past Coxsackie-Athens to move to 5-1
- UAlbany men’s and women’s hoops hold purple and gold scrimmages
- RPI falls in yet another overtime battle
- Teen organizes sleep-out in Bennington, urges governor to help homeless