(CNN) – A petition to rename the city of Columbus, Ohio, has more than 17 thousand signatures.
Tyler Woodbridge says the community needs a new name altogether. His online petition argues for calling it “Flavortown” in honor of celebrity foodie, and Columbus native, Guy Fieri.
Christopher columbus is criticized for his cruelty to indigenous people. The city is also taking down his statue, which is currently in front of City Hall.
- Multiple dog tags among odd items found in 445-pound gator’s stomach
- Off-duty Pentagon officer charged with second-degree murder after 2 killed in Takoma Park shooting
- Sheriff: Camper missing since Tuesday dies, wife rescued in Death Valley National Park
- ‘I’ll walk if you walk’: Story behind Prince Philip walking with Harry, William at Princess Diana’s funeral
- Pfizer, BioNTech ask FDA to approve use of vaccine in children ages 12 to 15