POWELL, Ohio (WCMH) — The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has released a new video of a baby gorilla sleeping in her mother’s arms.
The female western lowland gorilla baby named Jamani was born just about a month ago to Cassie, and first-time father, Ktembe, according to the zoo.
The zoo website states that western lowland gorillas have a single birth every three to four years, and that gestation lasts 255 to 265 days, or around 8.5 months.
Here is Jamani’s original birth announcement the zoo posted on Facebook. You can see how much she’s grown from these pictures.
- Top NY judge on reopening Capital Region courts Tuesday
- Rochester softball team heading to Ohio for socially distant tournament
- Woman taken hostage by Connecticut murder suspect found safe; multi-state manhunt still underway
- Cohoes hosts Memorial Day procession and wreath-laying ceremony
- Local family stays virtually connected with mom in nursing home