ALBANY, N.Y. (WUTR/WFXV/WPNY-TV) – Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state’s progress combating COVID-19.
“Many New Yorkers are continuing to catch COVID-19 as we work to fight the pandemic across the state. Although many have gotten vaccinated, we need to push those numbers even higher to defeat this virus for good,” Governor Hochul said. “We’re working to get more vaccines in underserved communities across New York—particularly among 12 to 17-year-olds—and that’s why we’re opening new pop-up sites and leveraging a social media campaign to get the word out. The shot is safe, free and effective, so let’s all protect our friends and neighbors and get vaccinated today.”
There were 58,138 vaccine doses administered over the last 24 hours and 43 COVID deaths statewide yesterday.
Today’s data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported – 197,952
- Total Positive – 6,151
- Percent Positive – 3.11%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 3.30%
- Patient Hospitalization – 2,390 (-37)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 295
- Patients in ICU – 517 (-3)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation – 275 (+4)
- Total Discharges – 195,499 (+317)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 43
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 43,882
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC – 55,891
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered – 24,189,043
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 58,138
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days – 335,686
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 78.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 71.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 81.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 72.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 66.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 59.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 68.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 61.2%
Each region’s 7-day average percentage of positive test results reported over the last three days is as follows:
|Region||Tuesday, September 7, 2021||Wednesday, September 8, 2021||Thursday, September 9, 2021|
|Central New York||5.02%||5.36%||5.38%|
|New York City||2.33%||2.32%||2.26%|
|Western New York||4.48%||4.63%||4.60%|
Each New York City borough’s 7-day average percentage of positive test results reported over the last three days is as follows:
|Borough in NYC||Tuesday, September 7, 2021||Wednesday, September 8, 2021||Thursday, September 9, 2021|
Yesterday, 6,151 New Yorkers tested positive for COVID-19 in New York State, bringing the total to 2,308,164. A geographic breakdown is as follows:
|County||Total Positive||New Positive|
Yesterday, 43 New Yorkers died due to COVID-19, bringing the total to 43,882. A geographic breakdown is as follows, by county of residence:
All New York State mass vaccination sites are open to eligible New Yorkers for walk-in vaccination on a first-come, first-serve basis. People who would prefer to schedule an appointment at a state-run mass vaccination site can do so on the Am I Eligible App or by calling 1-833-NYS-4-VAX. People may also contact their local health department, pharmacy, doctor or hospital to schedule appointments where vaccines are available, or visit vaccines.gov to find information on vaccine appointments near them.
Yesterday, 31,847 New Yorkers received their first vaccine dose, and 28,290 completed their vaccine series. A geographic breakdown of New Yorkers who have been vaccinated by region is as follows:
|People with at least one vaccine dose||People with complete vaccine series|
|Increase over past 24 hours||Cumulative |
|Increase over past 24 hours|
|Central New York||573,130||749||531,829||558|
|New York City||6,306,336||17,871||5,599,433||18,216|
|Western New York||808,178||1,451||742,778||715|
The COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker Dashboard is available to update New Yorkers on the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine. The New York State Department of Health requires vaccinating facilities to report all COVID-19 vaccine administration data within 24 hours; the vaccine administration data on the dashboard is updated daily to reflect the most up-to-date metrics in the state’s vaccination effort. New York State Department of Health-reported data from NYSIIS and CIR differs slightly from federally-reported data, which is inclusive of federally-administered doses and other minor differences. Both numbers are included in the release above.