JAVA, N.Y. (WIVB) – A woman in the Town of Java suffered serious but non-life-threatening injuries Monday when her Amish Buggy was struck by a pickup truck on Chaffee Road, according to the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Office.
Police say a man driving a Ford F350 was coming over a small hill in the road and had the rising sun in his eyes when he struck the buggy, which was also in the eastbound lane.
The woman operating the horse-drawn carriage was the only occupant. She was taken by ambulance to ECMC. The driver of the pickup truck was uninjured. Police say no charges were filed following their investigation at the scene.
More from NEWS10:
- Trick or treat: UAlbany men’s basketball welcomes community for Halloween night
- Andy Gresh joins Rosie Langello in studio to breakdown the Patriots first home win of the season
- CDC advisers clear the way for Moderna and J&J boosters, ‘mix & match’ shots
- Alec Baldwin speaks out after deadly movie set shooting: ‘There are no words to convey my shock and sadness’
- Schenectady group wants Lady Liberty statue moved “out of exile”