WHITEHALL, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A volunteer firefighter has died of injuries he sustained while battling a blaze back in May. Second Assistant Chief James P. Brooks Jr. of the Whitehall Volunteer Fire Company passed away at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, September 18.
Assistant Chief Brooks was injured while responding to a structure fire in Dresden on May 2. He was transported to a hospital in Rutland Vermont evaluation.
It was determined that Brooks was suffering from a torn aorta, and suffered three strokes during the subsequent surgery.
- Social Dilemma-Does a celebrity endorsement for a politician sway your vote?
- 10/30/2020: It’s the first snow of the season
- Master it with Mary: Three last-minute DIY Halloween decorations
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season