WASHINGTON (NEWS10) – Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand announced $5,395,000 in NeighborWorks America grants for 16 community development organizations across New York. These grants will help with affordable housing challenges.
As part of the funding, Troy Rehabilitation & Improvement Program, Inc. will receive $220,000.
NeighborWorks America is a nonprofit organization that brings residents, private-sector business leaders, and representatives of local government together to support affordable housing initiatives, neighborhood revitalization projects, small business lending, and more.
For FY 2020, despite COVID-19 impacts and limitations, NeighborWorks America and the NeighborWorks network productivity included the following:
- 23,400 new homeowners
- 438,600 housing and counseling services provided
- 14,600 affordable rental homes developed
- 43,800 jobs created and/or maintained
- 179,900 affordable rental homes owned and/or managed
- 18,000 training certificates issued