GEDDES, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — State Fair Director Troy Waffner says any event scheduled in March that will be attended by more than 500 people is cancelled.
In an announcement late Thursday, Waffner says the action was made to comply with Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s order banning all public gatherings of more than 500 people.
Waffner says fair staff is working with event organizers to either reschedule their dates or provide full refunds.
“Our first and most important priority is to safeguard the health of everyone who visits the Fairgrounds and we will continue to take all necessary actions in order to achieve that goal,” said Waffner.
Some events cancelled include the Motorsports Expo and the Home and Garden Show.
- Victim in 2019 Niagara Falls sexual assault sues police
- SUNY Chancellor issues SUNY-Wide COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Arrest made after protester hit by truck at Niagara Square
- Bishop Scharfenberger called to step down after claims of secret lawsuit information
- Newsfeed Now: Ginsburg becomes first woman to lie in state at US Capitol, protests continue across the country