ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — New York Senate Republicans came together Friday to help support a colleague who just announced she’s battling breast cancer.
They wanted to let her know she’s not alone, so they set up a “Sue-prise” for Sen. Sue Serino.
The special moment was organized by Senate Republican Leader Robb Ortt and his colleagues. Each wore a special shirt with #SerinoStrong.
Serino, who is going through radiation treatments five days a week, made the trip to Albany to stand up for her district in the Hudson Valley, when she was brought to tears by the support she received.
- Man charged intent to engage in sexual conduct with a child
- Bills legend Darryl Talley talks Bills-Ravens ahead of Saturday’s divisional matchup
- Some Capital Region residents face COVID-19 vaccine scheduling issues
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot