ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) – Gov. Andrew Cuomo says a man north of New York City is hospitalized with the COVID-19 virus, the second confirmed case in New York.
Cuomo told Long Island radio station 103.9 that the unidentified man from Westchester County commuted to work in the Manhattan and lives in a home with school-age children. Cuomo said the man apparently had an underlying respiratory illness and no known travel history to China or other countries on the virus watch list.
The governor said more cases are expected as the outbreak spreads and testing ramps up.
- Tempered excitement over Indian Bowl staying alive
- Spa Catholic senior catcher prepares for UAlbany
- Jiu-jitsu academy reopens, defying executive order
- Unattended Memorial Day campfire burns nearly two acres, including campsite and belongings
- North Carolina 7-year-old puts on prom for his graduating babysitter