Ravensbeard Wildlife Center in Saugerties released “Rockefeller” just hours before sunset Tuesday in a wooded area on the edge of the Catskills, so the bird could find a safe cover by nightfall.
After being removed from the box, Rocky spent some time with the handler before flying off. It’s believed the saw-whet owl will begin to migrate south.
But there’s more to the story.
When Ravensbeard experts closely examined Rocky, they said a more appropriate name may have been “Rockette.”
- Goodwill of the Finger Lakes receives $10 million from philanthropist MacKenzie Scott
- Benefits to legalizing recreational marijuana in New York
- New York ranked 2021’s 2nd-worst state to retire
- Top Three Tips to Train Dogs…and maybe children.
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s what is holding up those $1,400 payments