ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The New York State Public High School Athletic Association announced Wednesday that the football, volleyball and the competitive cheer (fall) seasons would be postponed until March 1, 2021. Low and moderate risk sports are still authorized to begin practices on September 21, 2020.
The “Fall Sports Season II” may officially begin practices on March 1 of next year. As a result of fall high-risk sports being moved, the start to the spring sports season has been adjusted from March 15, 2021 to April 19, 2021.
Low and moderate risk fall sports are still scheduled to begin on the previously announced date for those schools and sections who determine it feasible to host athletics.
- NYS Health Commissioner Dr. Zucker slated to testify at budget hearing
- 2 Berkshire County communities receive Municipal Cybersecurity Awareness grants
- STRIDE raises $44,000 for disabled athletes at 100K skiing event
- Pomeroy Fund opens new grant round to support NYS history organizations with financial relief
- Smart Schools Review Board approves $59.9M for technology upgrades