ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — New York’s official health plan marketplace says that the deadline to sign up—last set for December 15—would be pushed back two weeks. New Yorkers applies for Qualified Health Plan coverage starting January 1 now have until December 31 to sign up.
The announcement that there is still time to sign up for coverage through New York State of Health came Thursday morning. “As the pandemic continues, it is especially important for New Yorkers to have access to high-quality, affordable health insurance,” said NY State of Health Executive Director, Donna Frescatore. “If you are not insured, don’t wait to sign up. Make 2021 the year you have the health insurance you deserve.”
Coverage for those already enrolled in Medicaid, Child Health Plus, or the Essential Plan will automatically be renewed. Enrollment is currently open for those three plans, along with Qualified Health Plans. NY State of Health says most who enroll are also eligible for financial assistance.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- 1/17/2020: Another cool and breezy one, more light snow ahead
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym