ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — New York State has renewed the order to halt the collection of medical and student debt owed to the state.
The suspension of debt will continue for another 30 days through June 16. At that point, the Office of the Attorney General will consider renewing the suspension for another 30 days.
The temporary policy has also automatically suspended interest and collection fees on all outstanding medical and student debt that has been referred to the attorney general’s office.
- Cruz joins call for Biden to fix breaches in border levee before hurricane season in South Texas
- Man fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy in Elizabeth City, North Carolina
- Vermonter changes plea in girlfriend’s truck death
- Cohoes man arrested in sexual abuse case
- Assembly Judiciary Committee goes into executive session