WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — Melanie Clark and Melissa Dangerfield are traveling across the North Country delivering bagged lunches to truck drivers as their way to thank them for their continued service to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Truck drivers are still considered essential personnel and their deliveries ensure that local stores remain fully stocked during these uncertain times.
Melanie and Melissa are stopping at rest areas at least once per week to hand out lunches to truck drivers who are stopping during their trip.
They plan to continue to donate and deliver lunches until they are financially unable to do so.
- War Story: World War II Veteran shares his journey through battle caused hate, to find love
- Suspended Buffalo Police officers charged with second degree assault
- Gov. Cuomo: Houses of worship can open at 25 percent capacity in Phase 2
- Emergencies declared in Menands, Watervliet, and Green Island
- Green Island Bridge to be closed for Troy rally Sunday afternoon