ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The New York State Independent Redistricting Commission is holding a meeting at 11 a.m. This is a public meeting that will be streamed online by both houses of the state legislature.
The Commission determines the district lines for Congressional and state Legislative Offices. The specifics of redistricting districts are determined in many ways by the Census. Current business at their meetings typically includes bylaws, public outreach, staffing and budget plans.
The state will also release a recording of the meeting after it concludes.
- Taron Johnson makes ‘franchise altering play’ as Bills punch their ticket to AFC Championship game
- Siena breaks record with 16th straight win
- Betty White marks 99th birthday Sunday; up late as she wants
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- COVID-19 vaccine distribution update in Schenectady, Rensselaer Counties