NEW YORK (AP) — A widower whose wife died when she was hit by falling debris on a Manhattan street filed a lawsuit against the building’s owner and the city, claiming negligence and wrongful death.
The civil suit from Steven Tishman in connection to the December death of Erica Tishman named Himmel + Meringoff Properties, LLC, the owners of the Seventh Avenue building, and the city of New York.
The city’s corporation counsel in a statement called the death a “tragic incident” and said the case was being reviewed. A representative for the building owners also issued a statement calling Tishman’s death a “profound tragedy.”
- Senate committee to vote on Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away
- Social Dilemma – Does your sweetie have to be your best friend?
- Giving on 10: Highlighting Carr Hardware
- 5 questions we have ahead of Thursday’s final Trump-Biden debate