ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — September 1 is National Poll Worker Recruitment Day, as state and county Boards of Elections say there’s a huge need for poll workers ahead of Election Day. Most who help out at local polling stations are volunteering, and about 55% are over 60. They’re at-risk for the coronavirus, and many are choosing to opt-out, creating a shortage.
New York’s Board of Elections needs replacement volunteers, and they’re encouraging younger people to sign up.
- Colonie Police make arrest in 2 arson investigations
- COVID-19 antibody treatments: What are they?
- Americade reschedules 2021 motorcycle rally for Sept. 21-25
- DPH: 28 western Massachusetts communities at high-risk for COVID-19
- Third stimulus check: GOP lawmaker wants $1,400 payment reserved for people who get COVID-19 vaccine