ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — September 1 is National Poll Worker Recruitment Day, as state and county Boards of Elections say there’s a huge need for poll workers ahead of Election Day. Most who help out at local polling stations are volunteering, and about 55% are over 60. They’re at-risk for the coronavirus, and many are choosing to opt-out, creating a shortage.
New York’s Board of Elections needs replacement volunteers, and they’re encouraging younger people to sign up.
- Bills WR Stefon Diggs anticipates seeing more zone defense
- Capital Region voters experience long waits at the polls
- Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Shen takes down Guilderland in sectional final rematch
- Greenville wins regular season title in dominating fashion