NEW YORK (WWTI) — New Yorkers now have an additional chance to win the lottery.
The New York Lottery has announced the launch of Monday night Powerball drawings. This additional drawing joins the lineup currently held in the evenings on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
According to the Lottery, the first Monday night drawing will be held on August 23 at 10:59 p.m. Sales for the new drawing will begin the day before on August 22.
Powerball is played by selecting five numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26. Additionally, the Power Play add-on feature is also available for an additional $1 per play to multiply non-jackpot prizes.
The New York Lottery claims a $3.38 billion contribution in fiscal year 2019-2020 to help support education statewide. If you or someone you know is struggling with gambling addiction, contact New York’s free and confidential HOPEline at (877) 8-HOPENY.
More from NEWS10
More from News10
- Back in the limelight: Skittles adds lime flavor back to the lineup
- SNAP benefits increasing statewide
- Veterinary clinics struggle with staffing shortages
- Cohoes firefighters to kick off annual breast cancer campaign
- Bikes and balloons put less stress on law enforcement than expected in dual-event weekend
Follow us on social media