ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — Their prized 1994 Jayco Pop-up camper was stolen from a parking lot and captured on video. Now, a family from Monroe County is asking for help in order to rescue their summer.
Based on surveillance cameras, the camper was stolen from a parking lot at the apartment building the family lives in. Owner Erica Voight Morgan says she is most upset about the memories that were lost with the van.
“My father helped me maintain it. Many hours keeping it nice,” Morgan said. “It’s not about the money so much. It’s the memories. “
As a kid, Morgan and her father would use the 1994 Jayco to take long road trips across the country. Once she took ownership of it, she continued the tradition by taking her two daughters to trips every summer.
Morgan is now asking anyone in Monroe County to keep an eye out for the camper. “We love to do this and it’s just so sad that someone would do this, with such malicious intent,” she said.
The camper is registered under license plate BN13793. According to Morgan, a dark jeep may have been involved in the incident.
More from NEWS10
- 8-year-old student to ask school district for mask mandate after being bullied for wearing one
- $20M affordable housing development opens in Schenectady
- First-ever Disney+ Day on Nov. 12 to feature ‘Shang-Chi’ premiere, other perks
- Lawmakers push for new war memorial to honor fallen service members killed in war on terror
- 2 financial fiascos loom over federal government