CAMPBELL, N.Y. (WETM) – A female New York State Trooper is being treated for a minor head injury after an accident on I-86W in Campbell, according to New York State Police.
The accident happened around 3:50 p.m. when a car attempted to merge into another lane around a truck and struck the Trooper’s vehicle in the left lane. The trooper’s vehicle had its lights on and was responding to a call at the time of the crash.
The trooper was transported to Robert Packer Hospital and the driver of the second vehicle was taken to Guthrie Corning with non-life-threatening injuries.
UPDATE ON TRAFFIC ALERT:— NewYorkStatePolice (@nyspolice) November 3, 2020
Only 1 westbound lane on I86 near the Campbell Exit are open. Correction: All eastbound lanes are open..
New York State Police, NYSDOT, and the Campbell Fire Department are all on scene, which should be cleared around 7:30 p.m.
This is a developing story and 18 News is at the scene. We will have more information as it becomes available.
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Albany County coronavirus update
- 1/16/2021: Winter storm moves out, but turning windy later today
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone