WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (WETM) – Watkins Glen Wine and Spirits had a 22% increase in sales this year. Business owner Bobby Kurz said this is the best year he’s seen at his store, and that he hasn’t seen the tourism slow down too much.
“I think what happens is people get cabin fever and they’re sitting home and even people that normally don’t drink are having some cocktails because it just relaxes them when they’re at home,” said Kurz. “They like the, they’re drinking at home they feel safe and. And we’re doing like I say, a lot, a lot of a lot better sales this year there’s no doubt.”
He said he believes customers feel safe in Watkins Glen compared to where they live in the cities. Kurz is also looking forward to fall tourism in the area.
- STRIDE raises $44,000 for disabled athletes at 100K skiing event
- Pomeroy Fund opens new grant round to support NYS history organizations with financial relief
- Smart Schools Review Board approves $59.9M for technology upgrades
- 02/25/2021: Breezy and not as warm today
- UAlbany’s Mazon Walker turning heads as Great Danes prep season