ANDES, N.Y. (WIVT) — A grandmother and her grandchildren were arrested in relation to a home break-in last month.
The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office responded to a complaint of a seasonal homeowner saying that his house in Andes had been forced into and a garden tractor had been stolen.
Deputies say they later discovered the stolen tractor taken apart at a neighboring residence and arrested four children aged 11, 12, 13, and 14.
The children’s grandmother, 61-year-old Kathleen Shaffer was also arrested. She was allegedly made aware of the robbery and allowed the children to continue dismantling the tractor.
- 2021 Inauguration Day schedule: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris take office Wednesday
- From the Vault: Photos of the Bills and their fans from back in the day
- COVID vaccine distribution and appointments at local pharmacies
- Bills have come a long way since week 6 loss to Chiefs: “We’re definitely a different team now”
- Norlite releases statement regarding small fire at facility