ANDES, N.Y. (WIVT) — A grandmother and her grandchildren were arrested in relation to a home break-in last month.
The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office responded to a complaint of a seasonal homeowner saying that his house in Andes had been forced into and a garden tractor had been stolen.
Deputies say they later discovered the stolen tractor taken apart at a neighboring residence and arrested four children aged 11, 12, 13, and 14.
The children’s grandmother, 61-year-old Kathleen Shaffer was also arrested. She was allegedly made aware of the robbery and allowed the children to continue dismantling the tractor.
- Defense in Schoharie limo crash case reacts to NTSB report
- Jury indicts Cohoes man accused of killing Ayshawn Davis
- Schenectady woman accused of using children to steal campaign signs
- Whitehall Elementary set to resume in-person learning Wednesday after coronavirus case
- Titans suspend team activities after multiple players, staffers test positive for COVID-19