WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A member of the Army’s Fort Drum-based 10th Mountain Division died earlier this week in a non-combat related incident at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.
Specialist Branden Kimball, 21, died on February 12th.
Governor Andrew Cuomo ordered flags on state government buildings to fly at half staff on Friday to honor Kimball.
Governor Cuomo said “We are devastated by his loss and join his fellow soldiers, his family, and his friends in honoring his service to our nation. His death is a reminder of the sacrifices members of the military make to protect the freedoms and the values that this state and this nation were founded upon.”
The Army says SPC Kimball was an aircraft structural repairer.
- People magazine reveals its ‘2020 People of the Year’
- Mnuchin and Powell talk to Congress about pandemic for 2nd consecutive day
- Gift cards now available for New York State DEC campground visits
- Capital CarShare to suspend all operations as of Dec. 31
- Union nurses denied entry to hospital, Albany Med says “not a lockout”