WESTFIELD, N.Y. (WIVB) — The last Thruway toll barrier is coming down as part of the Thruway’s conversion to cashless tolling.
The New York State Thruway Authority and Gov. Kathy Hochul’s office shared a video Monday from Exit 60 in Westfield of the barrier coming down. It’s the last of 52 toll plazas to be removed.
There’s still some roadwork to do in order to finish the $355 million project, which the Thruway Authority hopes will be wrapped up in October.
More from NEWS10
- Take 5 player wins $23,892.50 in Mechanicville
- Albany gas price update, September 20
- North Port police pause search for night as officers look for Gabby Petito’s fiancé at Carlton Reserve
- East Greenbush holding public hearing for Dunn Landfill’s application for an Enhanced Renewal Operating Permit
- At least 75 animals die at Central Texas pet resort in late night fire