CARTHAGE, N.Y. (WWTI) — Tyler Christman, a 14-year-old junior varsity football player in Jefferson County, suffered a serious head injury during a game on Saturday at West Genesee.
Tyler’s father, Jason Christman, posted a message on Facebook in memory of his son. “As your parents, we are the most blessed people to have been front row to witness your fearless exploration of life,” Jason wrote.
Tyler Christman’s family has received an outpouring of support since the incident on Saturday. Students at local schools wore red, one of Carthage’s school colors, to honor the freshman.
- Richard Mooney: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- Mike Stammel: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- In-N-Out Burger defies vaccine mandate, gets restaurant shut down
- Republicans stand against president’s IRS bank plan
- Biden meets with lawmakers to try to broker social spending deal