ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Following massive protests across the U.S., New York lawmakers are taking action with a major policing reforms legislative package.
The package includes bills like the Eric Garner Anti-Chokehold Act, which passed the NYS Senate Monday. It characterizes police chokeholds as “aggravated strangulation” and classifies that as a Class C felony.
The bill will now heads to Governor Andrew Cuomo for a signature.
- SUNY’s university hospital hubs distributed 100% of weeks 1-4 vaccine allocations
- Gov. Cuomo proposes to expand home ownership in historically redlined communities
- Capital Region college start dates: Spring 2021 semester
- 10 new COVID cases confirmed in Albany CSD
- Feed Albany receives $250,000 donation