ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB) — Forty-one residents and 25 associates at Father Baker Manor in Orchard Park have tested positive for COVID-19, Catholic Health says.
All 138 residents at the facility have been tested and families of the residents have been contacted.
“Father Baker Manor’s administration and our Infection Control team have taken swift action to stop the spread of the virus,” Dr. Kevin Shiley, Medical Director of Infection Prevention and Control for Catholic Health said in a Saturday statement. “We have been in close contact with local and state health department officials who support our mitigation plans.”
Shiley adds that the facility is restricting visitors, performing daily health screenings for staff, eliminating group activities and services and monitoring patients and residents for symptoms.
He also says Father Baker Manor is closely monitoring oxygen levels of patients. Plans are in place to have additional oxygen available at the facility.
- Colonie declares civil emergency, extends curfew
- Tropical Storm Cristobal forms in Gulf of Mexico
- Nation’s streets calmest in days, pockets of violence continue
- 6/3/20: Warmer today with an afternoon shower or T-Storm
- NTSB calls on NHTSA to adopt new limo regulations