ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB) — Forty-one residents and 25 associates at Father Baker Manor in Orchard Park have tested positive for COVID-19, Catholic Health says.
All 138 residents at the facility have been tested and families of the residents have been contacted.
“Father Baker Manor’s administration and our Infection Control team have taken swift action to stop the spread of the virus,” Dr. Kevin Shiley, Medical Director of Infection Prevention and Control for Catholic Health said in a Saturday statement. “We have been in close contact with local and state health department officials who support our mitigation plans.”
Shiley adds that the facility is restricting visitors, performing daily health screenings for staff, eliminating group activities and services and monitoring patients and residents for symptoms.
He also says Father Baker Manor is closely monitoring oxygen levels of patients. Plans are in place to have additional oxygen available at the facility.
- CBA outduels La Salle in shootout at Frear Park
- NCAA approves Siena women’s basketball waiver for postseason eligibility
- Professional lacrosse team name contest narrowed down to three options
- 4,000 Montgomery County seniors will soon be vaccinated
- Local lawmakers respond to New York Times report on nursing home fatality data changes