UTICA, N.Y. (WUTR) – RoAnn Destito, the Commissioner of New York State’s Office of General Services (OGS), will retire later this month.
Destito was named Commissioner of OGS in May 2011 and stepped down from her elected position in the New York State Assembly to take the appointed position. The Democrat was first elected to the Assembly in the 116th Assembly District in 1992.
In her capacity as the head of OGS, Destito over sees a multifaceted branch of the state’s government that includes state real estate, construction projects, property management and administrative services.
No official date for Destito’s departure has been announced.
More from NEWS10:
- Whole flower cannabis launches at Rochester dispensary for NY medical marijuana community
- Newsfeed Now: Industry peers angry over deadly movie set shooting; Lizzo invites woman to cook TikTok vegan recipes
- Schenectady approves $97.5 million budget with no property tax increase
- Clifton Park holding public meeting to discuss plans for Town Center Park
- Whiteface marks first snowfall of season