NEW YORK (WFFF) — Vermont state police found the body of Erika Seyfried, 36, in the Saxtons River on Monday.
An autopsy report came out on Thursday afternoon stating the cause of death was drowning, and the manner was accidental.
The body of the family’s 7-month old golden retriever, Jules, was also found Wednesday near the site that Erika’s body was found. Jules is also presumed to have drowned.
Seyfried was from Brooklyn and was vacationing in Westminster with her husband and dog.
The Vermont State Police was assisted by Rescue Inc. and the Westminster Volunteer Fire Department.
More from NEWS10
- NYSPHSAA memo clarifies state guidance: Student-athletes must wear masks
- Pesticide protest at Delmar CVS on Sunday
- Annual memorial mass for deceased members of the law enforcement
- Massachusetts COVID Daily Report: 23 new deaths, 1,885 new cases
- Inside New York Baseball: Aaron Loup has been a bright spot for the Mets this season