BUFFALO, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The body of a contractor, who fell into an intricate well in Buffalo, has been recovered.
The call for the incident came in just before 11 a.m. Thursday on Bird Island. Rescuers had a difficult time navigating the waters. Boats could not get through the area where the man fell in.
Crews were hoping the contractor would be able to hang onto something after he fell, but after searching for three hours, it became clear that was not the case.
Now they are looking into how the accident initially took place.
“He did have a vest on. He was not anchored at the time that he fell into the well. Once he fell into this confined space, it’s a very intricate intake system and meanders into a lot of different areas, so it was a very difficult process to find out exactly where he could have been.”
The name of the contractor has not, yet, been released.
- Local congressman in favor of Stopping Grinch Bots
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- Reed: Trump’s NDAA veto threat is harmful to the troops
- More COVID-19 cases confirmed in Shenendehowa CSD