BATAVIA, N.Y. (WROC) — Staff at the United Memorial Medical Center in Batavia thanked a fellow worker with a new car.
Catherine Weatherbee has worked as a secretary for 20 years and recently lost her car. The staff came together and raised money to get her a new one.
They were going to surprise her for her 60th birthday last month. But when Weatherbee contracted COVID-19, the surprise was delayed until this week.
“She’s such a selfless soul and she gives to everyone around her, you can’t help but love her,” Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Nicholas Loffredo said.
“This is my family — UMMC,” Weatherbee said. “I have no family out in the public, but I have a family here.”
About 50 people donated to the GoFundme to help get her a new car.
- Hot Pockets recalled, they may contain hard plastic and glass
- Car fire follows shots fired incident in Albany
- Brown wins 400, UAlbany men’s basketball knocks off NJIT 83-75
- Health officials identify the UK Variant of COVID-19 in Tompkins County
- From Baked Alaska to a guy with horns: notable riot arrests