BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Two New York craft breweries have discontinued a beer called “Aqua Shiva” after protest from Hindu activists.
New York Upstate reports that the beer was a collaboration between Buffalo breweries Pressure Drop Brewing and Big Ditch Brewing Co. and featured a caricature of the Hindu deity Shiva.
The beer was a New England-style double IPA that was a part of a series of deity-themed beers. Other beers included “Aqua Jesus” and “Aqua Buddha.”
In a joint statement, the breweries apologized to the Hindu community and said that they did not consider what Shiva represents.
- Albany County COVID update, April 16
- With teen cannabis use rising, Vermont experts worry about dangers of potency
- Bipartisan act reintroduced to make sure infrastructure projects support American businesses
- More than half of NY adults have received at least one dose of a COVID vaccine
- 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: Would Call Out Someone You Saw Shoplifting An Orange?