BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Two New York craft breweries have discontinued a beer called “Aqua Shiva” after protest from Hindu activists.
New York Upstate reports that the beer was a collaboration between Buffalo breweries Pressure Drop Brewing and Big Ditch Brewing Co. and featured a caricature of the Hindu deity Shiva.
The beer was a New England-style double IPA that was a part of a series of deity-themed beers. Other beers included “Aqua Jesus” and “Aqua Buddha.”
In a joint statement, the breweries apologized to the Hindu community and said that they did not consider what Shiva represents.
- Rankings: Which states don’t bother to vote, New York in the bottom 10 states for voter turnout
- ADHD Awareness Month: Treatments and managing symptoms
- Big Game Bound Week 8: Key AFC, NFC matchups
- NYS Education Department launches new Parent Dashboard
- CDPHP partnering with medical practices for “doctor’s office of the future”